International and Immigrant Students
International and Immigrant students may face specific challenges and may be uncertain about reaching out for support. The Program for Mental Health Wellness is free, safe and confidential place. Below are some websitse addressing specific needs of immigrant students.
- UA International Student Services
Resource for UA student seeking information about immigration guidance, academic resources, cultural connections, and social events
- Immigrant Student Resource Center The ISRC helps recruit & retain students at the University of Arizona from immigrant & refugee backgrounds. We provide academic, career, scholarship, & social support to currently enrolled students, including students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) work permits, undocumented students, students with mixed-immigration status families, and students from refugee backgrounds. We also train university staff, faculty, & administrators how to work more effectively with students from immigrant and refugee backgrounds.
- Immigration Law Clinic UA Law Provides legal assistance to immigrant students
- International Student Mental Health Information and resources for international students
- Chronicle of Higher Education Article: In Higher Ed's Mental Health Crisis, an Overlooked Population: International Students