Academic support encompasses many components of successful learning and academic achievement. This can include support in areas of time management and organization, study strategies, effective reading and notetaking, study plan development, and resume building. It also incorporates effective test taking through preparation and text anxiety management as well as writing skill support and development. The integration and application of these learning and self-regulation strategies work together to build a foundation for not only undergraduate academic success, but also build effective and healthy life-long learning skills for students’ professional development. The academic support component of the Coordinated Community model is designed to guide students in their pursuit of professional health careers.
- Testing Effect (Retrieval Practice)
- Spaced Repetition (Don't Cram!)
- TEST-TAKING STRATEGIES AND STRESS MANAGEMENT
Resources for Student Success:
- The Importance of Diversity in Healthcare-https://www.edumed.org/medical-careers/diversity-in-healthcare/
- Minority Students & Healthcare Education: An Online Guide to School Success: https://www.edumed.org/resources/minority-students-healthcare-education/