Tip 6: Tell Folks What You’re Up To
- Let your teachers know you have a job to help avoid conflicts ahead of time
- Teachers are more understanding if they know your situation ahead of time
- Let your employer know about your school plans and academic goals
- Visit this link for advice on how to have this conversation with a teacher: http://kidshealth.org/teen/expert/school_jobs/balance.html
- Share your goals and activities with friends/family so they can support you
- Support and encouragement is always nice to get, share your ideas, your dreams and your activities with your loved ones.
- If they are informed, they’ll also be more understanding when conflict arises.
Go to next tip